Thursday, July 9, 2009

Twitterpated

I experienced my first tweet chat last night and it was an interesting experience for me. I definitely felt like the shy kid in the back of the classroom again! I'm still getting used to the lingo used in twitter so I didn't always get it, but it was interesting to lurk. I am going to go back and check out some of the links that other people provided; looked like some interesting information to investigate. Bravo to my many classmates who jumped right in and participated!

I got stuck at work late yesterday afternoon so I had to be "in class" at the office. It was really distracting for me (people kept interrupting me). I misread a couple of the quiz questions (so much for multi-tasking!) which bummed me out. But, I learned something interesting about my co-workers.....As people noticed that I was on twitter, I got a lot of negative feedback. I was very surprised that every college student that wandered through was not active in the Twitter world. I thought everyone was doing it! It helped me better understand the resistance I've gotten to the idea of using yammer as an alternative to e-mail. I honestly thought it would be an easy sell. People seem to think that facebook, e-mail & IM are enough right now. But I'll keep working on my colleagues. We are hiring a new communications coordinator next week, so hopefully s/he will be excited by the idea of expanding our collaborative capabilities. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment