I was interested in a twitter post that someone sent about HRComparison.Com (and its US counterpart CompareHRIS.com). I followed the link and, for fun, played around with the HRIS Selector Tool. I thought it would be a good exercise for me since my organization has no HRIS system in place currently, and we could definitely use something like this as a starting point should we decide to consider a HRIS/HRM system.
The Selector Tool walked me through the standard features available through all participating vendors, and asked if I wanted specific features and how important it is in my software decision. If I selected certain features, I was asked additional questions to further define my needs for that feature. The Selector Tool also asked me if I wanted to exclude vendors that didn’t include particular features. Once I completed the survey, I was provided a list of products that most closely matched the requirements of my input selection.
Based upon the information I provided, the CompareHRIS selection tool indicates that these 7 vendors would meet my needs: iVantage® HRIS; InfinityHR; HR.net Enterprise; HRA HRIS; HRnetSource HRIS; Ceridian HR/Payroll Latitude; SharedHR. The next step would be to research these vendors to learn more specifics about each company and their products utilize a demo, investigate costs, etc.
I noted that this is an advertising tool for the HR software companies, who pay to participate. This made me somewhat skeptical because I wondered how this affected the products included in the selection process. I did not recognize the names of the vendors suggested for me, but I am not well-versed in this area. I did read on the site that their goal is to create an expansive library of products; I’m just not sure how successful they’ve been at it.
This was an interesting “field trip” and a good way to me to get a general understanding of the basic features available in most HRIS systems. In addition to the Selection Tool, the site also had a Products page, articles related to HRIS selection, and tips on how to make a wise HRIS/HRMS software purchasing decision. If I were seriously initiating a search for the ideal software solution for my organization, I wouldn’t use this as my only resource, but it helped provide a framework for the selection process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment